Posted to uk.d-i-y
andrew andrew is offline

Default blocking small holes in corrugated asbestos roof

Al 1953 wrote:

I have a garage with an old corrugated asbestos roof. The roof has a
number of small holes where the rain gets in. Also, a draught gets in
through gaps where the sheets overlap. Would expanding foam be suitable to
plug these gaps and holes?

Dunno about expanding foam, I've avoided it since I made a mess all over the
window frames.

I'd have a first try with the acrylic roof repair with fibres in it, that
wickes sell, this deals with small gaps.

Next I'd look at hot melt on hi performance roofing felt. I've used this on
an asbestos fibre garage roof where yobbos had through a brick through it,
still good after 10+ years.

AJH