Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Where are the CO Detector Police?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:26:26 -0700 (PDT), terry
wrote:

On Mar 26, 3:26*pm, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
wrote in message

As a general and sensible rule when/where are CO detectors required?
We have one electrically operated CO detector in the passageway to our
bedrooms, but the only device in the house that burns anything is a
wood stove in the basement that is never left burning when we sleep!
Everything else in the house, including heating, is electric. We also
have three smoke alarms, one in passageway near bathroom on way to
bedroom, one in a storeroom behind a closed door, off the kitchen and
one at bottom basement stairs, next to workshop. All three have new
batteries and do trigger on occasion, e.g. burn a piece of toast etc.
so we know they are working.

You have it right. COČ goes up, so if something happens and
that wood stove malfunctions you will get the warning.