Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Working for a living...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
busbus wrote:

I have posed this sort of question many times over the past week or so
and I have not gotten any response from the progressives in here. Why
did we have to scrap everything that was already in place and replace
it with a new, EXPENSIVE bill? (Oh, and why was the student loan
program bundled in a freaking health care bill? But that is a wholly
different topic!)

The takeover of the Student Loan program allows the government to make the
profit instead of the existing lenders. That profit can be included in the
health bill thereby lowering its overall cost to meet targets.

Makes sense, but would it not work better if they took over Exxon-Mobile?
They need computers to run the systems so t hey could take over IBM too.
I'm just thinking cost savings here, of course.

There is nothing in the recent health care legislation that addresses
costs. Cost containment was not the goal, nor was it seriously considered.
No tort reform, no nation-wide competition, no medical savings accounts,
nothing.

Cost containment should have been the first place to start. Then again,
the people that passed the bill have no idea what that means.