Posted to rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default Working for a living...

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 05:00:54 -0700, busbus wrote:

I have posed this sort of question many times over the past week or so
and I have not gotten any response from the progressives in here. Why
did we have to scrap everything that was already in place and replace it
with a new, EXPENSIVE bill?

Because the simple solution couldn't make it past the lobbyists and those
who finance election campaigns.

Which is why we have a bill that enriches the insurance industry.

What's that solution? Expand Medicare to everyone.

Even more simple: Treat the insurance industry as a Public Utility and let
those who can't afford it join Medicaid.