Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Working for a living...

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:43:26 -0500, the infamous Upscale
scrawled the following:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:05:32 -0700, "Nonny" wrote:

We have 3-5 generations now living on that.

Ok, but consider the limitations of such a life. Maybe because of
apathy, sheer laziness, or even medical difficulties, someone is
living such a life. No future, never having any real discretionary
income, nothing ever to look forward to except for more of the same.
It's debilitating, depressing and a really difficult existence to
follow. Not at all attractive. I don't consider that living.

Far, far too many people DO consider that living, Uppy. I've read
stats that say up to 90% of people in the Philly (ditto the whole
eastern USA) grow up, live, and die within 10 miles of their birth
city. I'd guess that a whole bunch of them would not have a problem
with it. If people don't have any creativity, they have no need to do
things, to move around, and to switch jobs for fun like the rest of
us. Others are just lazy and don't care at all. shrug

--
Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity.
Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.