Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Hardwood Flooring

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Any advantage of one or the other when considering pre-finished VS
unfinished wood flooring other than the obvious work involved in
finishing the raw stuff?

I'm thinking total cost and durability, etc.

I'm told pre-finished lasts longer but is tougher to install... But
I'm doing the install so...

Pergo and other "fake stuff" is NOT for me so don't bother telling
about it.

Pergo is not "fake" stuff. The top 1/32 to 3/8" is real hardwood. The rest
is mystery wood. It's like veneered plywood with two exceptions: The
substrate is layered in different directions to virtually eliminate
warping and it's covered with an impregnable finish.

..

Actually the "Pergo Laminate" flooring is very similar to "Fromica" it is
not Wood. Pergo may be making a wood floor now days but Pergo is commonly
known as a laminate.