Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Western snow plow with all hydraulics and controller

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:51:41 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus8345
scrawled the following:

On 2010-03-26, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:50:07 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus30639
scrawled the following:

On 2010-03-26, Ignoramus30639 wrote:
pictures

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Western-Snow-Plow/
Oh, and the truck is Chevy Silverado 2500HD, with a gas engine.
2 or 4WD?

4WD

How would it survive snow plowing?
It would survive much better if you bought a snow blower. Better yet,
sell it for enough money to buy both a big blower and a snowmobile.
Your wife and kid will thank you for it.

Between you and Karl, I think that you guys are right.

Ayup.

I can see a guy wanting one if he had a road which needed to be graded
and/or snow-plowed several times a year, but you're an urbanite, Ig.
Plow envy got ahold of you. I can grok it. g

My driveway is only appx. 50 feet long.

I knew that and grinned when you bought a snow plow. titter

Anyhow, I think that I got sidetracked on this snowplow and it is more
than I (or my pickup) should handle.

I'm sure you'll find something to do with it. Like triple or quadruple
your investment by the end of tomorrow afternoon.

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-

If he was a bit closer I'd buy it quick. Western makes a GREAT plow and
that plow new was probably close to $3000.00. My FD just picked up a new
Western commercial style for our new plow truck and it was almost 4K
even with a discount.

--
Steve W.