Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where are the CO Detector Police?

On Mar 26, 5:33*pm, mm wrote:
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:26:21 -0400, "Existential Angst"

wrote:
wrote in message
All over the radio lately, there have been commercials, sponsored by
Kidde, manufacturer of smoke and CO detectors trying to use scare
tactics to get you to buy new CO detectors.

"CO detectors are now required by law in most homes! Get yours now!"

Where are the CO detector police? Nobody's come to my house with a
badge demanding to see my CO detector.

You probably can't sell the house without proper CO detection
equipment in place, but I don't plan on selling any time soon... Who's
making me put in CO detectors?

Proly yer insurance co's, indirectly.

Which insurance company?

Fire? *A CO detector won't detect a fire.
Life? *You're covered even if you die because of your negligence.

If anything happens, they may not pay.

Pay for what?

In this case, not homeowner's (that would be more for a smoke
alarms/resulting damage), but yer life insurance policies -- lack of due
diligence, and whatever other clauses they can use to screw you.

No.

You're not covered for suicide, because then it would be a money-maker
for people who were wiling to commit suicide. *But that's the only
such exclusion. *Take a look at your policy.

So now I think the rest of what you say is simlarly affected by your
skewed ideas.

I figured that out a long time ago. I also agree this is another
good example where EA is obviously clueless. But it shows you how
informed at least one person is about insurance who believes Obama's
villification of the health insurance industry.