Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Where are the CO Detector Police?

wrote the following:
All over the radio lately, there have been commercials, sponsored by
Kidde, manufacturer of smoke and CO detectors trying to use scare
tactics to get you to buy new CO detectors.

"CO detectors are now required by law in most homes! Get yours now!"

Where are the CO detector police? Nobody's come to my house with a
badge demanding to see my CO detector.

You probably can't sell the house without proper CO detection
equipment in place, but I don't plan on selling any time soon... Who's
making me put in CO detectors?

Look up Amanda/s Law in NYS.

--

Bill