Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Hardwood Flooring

On 3/26/10 2:54 PM, Joe wrote:
My wife is in love with Cork for the kitchen. I'm looking into it. I
like the 1'x3' and longer sizes I'm seeing, too. Seems like installation
with one man could be done in a day.

--

A kitchen in a day alone? It'd be a heck of a day, what with toe kick
removal, installing under cabinet fronts, under fridge, under dishwasher,

Been there many times, done that, and now I charge quite a premium for it...
:-)

jc

I was speaking of the install, alone, and probably the trim.
Since I would be doing it, myself, I'm thinking in segments that I would
likely break it into. And it's a small kitchen.
- Day of prep, tear out vinyl floor, old trim.... all of it, casement,
base, everything, because I'm replacing and/or making it all.
- Day of installing Cork floor, and probably trim, or partial trim.
- Day of finishing up and determining that rest of house looks ugly by
comparison... lamenting that we should've never even considered it
because now we're going to have to do the living-room in hardwood, with
new trim everywhere... and I hate those windows..... oh crap. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--