Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Western snow plow with all hydraulics and controller

What's that Lassie? You say that Ignoramus30639 fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:47:06 -0500:

pictures

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Western-Snow-Plow/

Full size pics take too long to load, but from the thumbnails it looks
like the old style mount that I prefer. I could mount my fisher plow
faster than those minute mount new ones.

When you mount the attachment frame to the truck be sure to make it
low enough that the plow angle pivot is vertical. And use a long
enough lift chain so the plow can go down a little to follow the
contours of the road.

Like others said, trans. temp. is the killer. Get a cooler(with a
fan) and/or a trans. temp. gage.

And watch out for manholes and drain grates. Take notes or pictures
of where you plan on plowing.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.