Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Hardwood Flooring

"Nova" wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Any advantage of one or the other when considering pre-finished VS
unfinished wood flooring other than the obvious work involved in
finishing
the raw stuff?

I've never seen a piece of pre-finished flooring that didn't have a slight
bevel on all the edges of the face side of each board. The pre-finished
still looks good to me, but if you want a perfectly flat/even floor (no
crumb/dirt catchers) then I'd say unfinished would be the way to go.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

They can't make prefinished without that bevel. You would have two 90 deg
edges meeting and anywhere they weren't perfectly flush height-wise (and
that would be everywhere) you would have splinters coming off.

jc

p.s. post-installation finished floors are only perfectly flat until the
first season changes.