Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Hardwood Flooring

"Nova" wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Any advantage of one or the other when considering pre-finished VS
unfinished wood flooring other than the obvious work involved in
finishing
the raw stuff?

I've never seen a piece of pre-finished flooring that didn't have a slight
bevel on all the edges of the face side of each board. The pre-finished
still looks good to me, but if you want a perfectly flat/even floor (no
crumb/dirt catchers) then I'd say unfinished would be the way to go.

Agreed, However my experience is that prefinished tends to be a bit more
stable. Perfectly flat is temporary as the wood moves.