Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Working for a living...

Neil Brooks wrote:

That's an oft-made argument, but ... out of curiosity ... what % meet
that description, and ... how do you know??

Neil - I do not know the percentage. What I do know is that the majority of
subsitance subcribers fall into this category. Do the research - it's not a
lot of research, and look at how many welfare families came from that
background, and look at how long they are or have been on it. You ask a
fair question in a sense, but only in the sense of distracting from the
point. Sure - it may serve some academic purpose to ask what the percentage
is, but it does not serve the conversation in any other way. It will take
you about 10 minutes to find the answer to your question. If you can spend
that 10 minutes and pose any kind of statistics that suggest that welfare is
a short term venture, exercised mostly by people who just need a short time
to get a leg up, then I'll listen. Otherwise, your question does not
entertain reality.

--

-Mike-