Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

Upscale wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:40:41 -0700, Doug Winterburn
wrote:

Since youo're not indigent, you work out a payment plan with the doctors
and hospital.

Yeah right! At what rate ~ $10 per week? Mortgage payments or rent,
food, current car payments, supporting the in law in nursing care, one
of the family breadwinners off work for at least a month assuming
problem free healing. And, you'd have everybody believe that the basic
middle class family is solvent enough to take on a $40,000 debt
without extreme difficulty.

You're naive a best, woefully ignorant at worst. Which is it?

Neither, I've had to negotiate with doctors and dentists because I
couldn't pay the lump sum. In one case, it took 3 years to pay off the
total. And if it had been $10/month that was my limit, I would be
considered indigent and been on one of the multitude of support programs.