Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default U.S. health care by the numbers

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:19:59 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
You're wrong on this one Dave. At least down here, there is an entire class
of people who electively remain "poor", in order to enjoy a lifestyle
supported by government programs. Sort of the unintended consequences of
government programs. Regardless, it does exist, and it will continue to
exist.

We have our "street people" who do essentially the same thing despite
programs and processes in place that offer to help them leave their
cycle of poverty.

I was commenting from the point of view of people becoming
intentionally poor just to get free health insurance. People having
been prosperous or at the very least self supporting, do not all of a
sudden give it all up just to get something free. Not in my experience
anyway.