L Anthony Johnson

Default Delta Jointer at Lowes

I'm usually just a lurker, but thought I'd add to the post about Lowe's that
there is also a rebate available on certain delta tools in $20,$30 and $50
amounts. This is in addition to the 20% off available this weekend.

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=pg&p...s.html&rn=none

L Anthony Johnson

"Dustmaker" wrote in message
Thanks guys for the tip about the 20% off at Lowe's. We didn't have a
Lowe's in the area (Lincolnwood, IL) until they opened YESTERDAY!

I've had my eyes on buying a jointer for a few months and was motivated by
the discussions in the newsgroup. Hearing about the 20% off, I went to

the
new Lowe's and asked where I could find the Ryobi Jointer. The man very
politely told me they don't sell Ryobi, but have Delta.

I was expecting to find the Ryobi for $399 less 20%. What they had was a
Delta JT360 6" with a floor stand for $349 less 20% = $279.20. Guess who
has a 300# monster in his truck right now?

I'd like to hear if anyone has anything bad to say about this before I
unload and assemble. It seems too good to be true. I see this same unit
listed on Amazon and other sites for $449.99.

Did Christmas come early?

Thanks to all for the good advice over the year. I really enjoy this
newsgroup and it has been a definite help in improving my knowledge,

skills
and good places for buying more toys.