Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike P the 1st[_2_] Mike P the 1st[_2_] is offline

Default Attaching fence post to brick wall

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 01:35:05 +0000, Timothy Murphy
gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that
money could buy:

I want to attach a 3in x 3in fence post to the end of a brick wall.
The problem is that the wall is only 9in (22cm) from the house wall.
I asked a related question (without mentioning the short space) here
and "resin fixing" was suggested.
I'm not sure if this is intended to attach a post or similar object
directly to the brick, or if it is intended to be used
in conjunction with bolts of some kind?

I looked in my local hardware store, but didn't see anything appropriate.

Why not brick the gap up and insert vertical dpc between that and the
hoose ?

Mike P the 1st