Larry Bud

Default Advantage of a sliding miter saw?

Bay Area Dave wrote in message ...
Dan, perhaps this is just the FIRST project he'll use it for, and is
thinking ahead to his needs to cut boards much wider than hardwood floor
planks. I borrowed a 10" miter saw to cut 8+" wide boards one day, and
found to my dismay that it wouldn't cut them in one pass. A couple days
later, I became the happy owner of a 12" miter saw...

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I have been pretty serious in WW for
the last year. Made many hardwood projects, and figure this is my
next tool. I thought the sliding feature was for larger capacity,
and you all have confirmed my suspicions!

Thx.