Posted to rec.woodworking
Seismo R. Malm Seismo R. Malm is offline

Default Build Your Own Bandsaw

On 2010-03-24, GarageWoodworks wrote:
If you have never seen any of this guys videos on YouTube, check them
out. I have a link to his site on my webpage and I am constantly
amazed when I visit his site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRWS2j-ymI4

---
www.garagewoodworks.com

Here is another one, text is in Finnish but there are lots of pictures:
http://www.elisanet.fi/pekan_puutyot...0vanerista.htm

seismo malm

I wish this was in English, the Finnish translators don't do a very good
job.

This guy has some good stuff, I particularly like this:

http://www.elisanet.fi/pekan_puutyot...pytty_3_0.html

basilisk

Unfortunately most finns doing woodworking are over 50 and don't speak
english at all (German language was more popular than English then
and many don't speak foreign languages at all, this Pekka is evidently
at least able to read English [most finns are better with writen English
than spoken]). Automatic translators don't
(and can't, IMO) work with our language due to several reasons:

1) we use suffixes instead of prepositions.

2) the body of a word can change with suffixes

3) no future tense

4) lots of compound nouns

This same guy has made his own table saw/sanding machine and a sharpening machine.
Tretty impressive, I think.

seismo malm