Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On 3/25/2010 8:52 PM, Steve wrote:
On 2010-03-25 15:40:03 -0400, "Phil Anderson" said:

How is that your business?

Strictly speaking, it's not. I am, however, curious as to the reasons
for objection to mandatory insurance.

The reason is that if the government can tell us that we _must_ buy one
product then they can tell us that we _must_ by _any_ product. They can
tell us "you must buy an American car every year to save the auto
industry" or you _must_ buy anything else that they think "promotes the
general welfare".

And sorry, I do not believe these
great altruists really give a good god damn about freedom and liberty --
truth be told, they're ****ed about another tax, not that they object to
or cannot afford insurance.

Altruism be damned, we don't like the government poking its nose in our
business.

John Birch crap snipped