Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default is electric heating likely to become cheaper than gas heating in future?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:50:45 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

MM wrote:

The way that you are making savings is to heat less of your home.

Exactly! You finally understood.

I understood from the begining, you apparently didn't.

Here's another clue, fit TRVs.

I have them already. They're Honeywell.

Or if that's beyond your limited talents, simply turn the radiators off
in the rooms that you don't use.

Oh, and when I'm not using the room I normally use, e.g. I've gone to
the shops or the library, then the room is still being heated? Have I
got that right? Are you recommending I do that? Heat an unoccupied
room for several hours?

'Cos I'd just like to make sure where you're coming from!

Heck, that was difficult.

But doesn't address my requirement to NOT heat parts of the house I am
not in, including not heating up the pipework unnecessarily. And if I
turned the rads off completely, how would I take the chill off to
protect against frost damage when it's really cold? (Recall that I
already said I'll switch on the CH during the night sometimes just for
that purpose.)

Or am I expected to set an alarm for 3am, then get up and go around
the house turning on all the turned off rads?

MM