Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Keeping car electronics alive while changing battery - homebrew approach?

I've heard of using a battery jumper pack. Put that on the
front floor, and plug in a double ended lighter plug cord.
Maybe you or a friend has a jumper pack with a "charge the
pack from your lighter socket" cord.

The DC 13 volts should work, also.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"blueman" wrote in message
I need to clean the terminals and change out my car battery.
I would rather not lose the setttings on my radio.
But I also would rather not invest in a charger just for
this
application.

I have several variable voltage DC power supplies (supplying
about 1A).
Could I use such a supply set at say about 13-14V to supply
temporary
power while the battery is removed?

Other than getting the voltage and polarity right, anything
to be
worried about here or any chance of causing damage (to
either car
electonics or to my power supply)?

Thanks