Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Semi OT - Removing antenna mount from car window...

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:47:58 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

My son just bought a used car which has an antenna mount for a satellite
radio stuck on the outside of the rear window.

It's a lump about 1-1/2" square with a short male threaded antenna
starter piece sticking out of it.

He's no intention of getting a satellite radio and asked me how to
safely remove that piece.

There's a matching lump on the inside of the glass which I assume is
inductively or capacitively coupled to the outside piece, but he's not
much concerned with that one and if it happens to be stuck over one of
the defroster grid lines he's better off not messing wwith it.

I presume the outside piece he wants to remove is adhesively attached to
the glass and wondered if the folks here here can recommend a safe way
of removing it without risking damage to the rear window.

Thanks guys,

Jeff

The glass mounts are mounted with adhesive, some use double sided
tape?

Try some dental floss, fishing line or maybe a piano or guitar
string.. Just guessing here G.