Roger Mills

Default Gravity fed Central Heating System Woes

"Mike Faithfull" wrote in message

Perhaps it's not the correct thing to do, but on my gravity (convection!)
system, I use the 'stat on the boiler to keep the water temperature under
control when the heating isn't on. I normally set it to 'minimum' for the
summer months and raise it a notch or two when I start using the heating
regularly. Seems to work.

That sort of works in the summer - but is likely to result in the hot water
being too hot in the winter when you turn the boiler up for the benefit of
the heating.

This system also has the disadvantage that the boiler will cycle just to
keep itself warm even when all demands are satisifed.

Far better to have proper controls on water and room temperatures -
connected in such a way that the boiler (and pump) only run when required.

Roger