Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Semi OT - Removing antenna mount from car window...

On 03/25/10 05:09 pm, sparky01 wrote:

My son just bought a used car which has an antenna mount for a
satellite radio stuck on the outside of the rear window.

It's a lump about 1-1/2" square with a short male threaded antenna
starter piece sticking out of it.

He's no intention of getting a satellite radio and asked me how to
safely remove that piece.

There's a matching lump on the inside of the glass which I assume is
inductively or capacitively coupled to the outside piece, but he's not
much concerned with that one and if it happens to be stuck over one of
the defroster grid lines he's better off not messing wwith it.

I presume the outside piece he wants to remove is adhesively attached
to the glass and wondered if the folks here here can recommend a safe
way of removing it without risking damage to the rear window.

Thanks guys,

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

With an "Extra" ticket and you don't know the answer!!!

I don't recall there being any questions about that on the test.

"Perce"