Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve[_52_] Steve[_52_] is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On 2010-03-25 15:40:03 -0400, "Phil Anderson" said:

How is that your business?

Strictly speaking, it's not. I am, however, curious as to the reasons
for objection to mandatory insurance. And sorry, I do not believe these
great altruists really give a good god damn about freedom and liberty
-- truth be told, they're ****ed about another tax, not that they
object to or cannot afford insurance.

Several years ago, I worked with several members of the John Birch
Society. Two of these guys were scared ****less of the world around
them. That's why they were members -- they felt it gave them a defense
against shadows.

The third guy was fearless -- he was a Bircher because these principles
were his and this was his way to challenge the world, to not back down.

Guess which man I respected, though I did not share his views?