Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Western snow plow with all hydraulics and controller

On 2010-03-25, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus30639 wrote:

Would you say it is worth $220? if it works?

It's 1/10 of the new cost for the cheapest ones.

OK, I just brought it home. I will try to adapt it to my Chevy for the
next winter. I may have to tinker with the control a little bit. I
have very little clue how snowplows work. I may need to do some
welding to adapt it to my truck.

Snowplows work by pushing snow

There are very minimal controls on one, some are power lift only and
some have power angle. Most have solenoid valve control, but I think a
few used mechanical push-pull cable control to the valve(s). Electric
hydraulic pump, with a contactor to turn it on whenever a control is
moved. Welding mount adapters should be the bulk of the project.