Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default sorta OT power question for you world travelers

For something silly like a grounding plug on a power supply brick,
I take a few seconds with the hacksaw and it eliminates the
hassles. If the prongs are polarized, a few swipes with a file
solve that issue as well. There's no harm, since the brick
exterior is non-conductive and the output is low voltage DC,
anyway. Maybe if there was a major short inside the brick and
120/240 was delivered to the laptop, the ground might be
appreciated, but I'll take my chances.

--
Nonny
Suppose you were an idiot.