Terry Sumner

Default Delta Jointer at Lowes

... What they had was a
Delta JT360 6" with a floor stand for $349 less 20% = $279.20. Guess who
has a 300# monster in his truck right now?

I'd like to hear if anyone has anything bad to say about this before I
unload and assemble. It seems too good to be true. I see this same unit
listed on Amazon and other sites for $449.99.

..

I have this same jointer now myself. I was using it in the demo shop
where I work at WWW. I liked it so much that I bought it, now that
we're going out of business. (

Anyway...it does a beautiful job and it makes very crisp rabbets. I
find the fence adjustment mechanism kind of hangs up a bit and it's
definitely no where near as smooth operating as the more expensive
unit with the rack and pinion mechanism. (I forget the stock number..)
But hey...it's a lot cheaper.

One other little thing too.. and I'll try to explain this best as I
can... If you install the little plastic dust collector hood on the
bottom and use a dust collector when you are operating the machine,
the chips clear out just fine. But if you operate the machine without
using a dust collector...AND you don't take the hood off...the gate
will fill up. This is because there is a small "lip" at the bottom
caused by a difference in height from the dust collctor hookup opening
and the bottom of the machine's chute! This edge is higher than the
chute's bottom and provides a place for the chips to collect and they
build up, eventually completely closing off the opening.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you install the hood, and
you maybe have a mobile DC that you move around from machine to
machine....you might want to remove it if you operate the machine
without hooking up a DC to it.

Otherwise, it's a super jointer, so have fun with it! )

HTH,
Terry Sumner