Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:35:02 -0600, the infamous Gordon Shumway
scrawled the following:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:13:44 -0500, Upscale
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 07:07:59 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Choices have consequences. One who chooses a dissolute life-style - or even
one who failed to provide for his own contingencies - must face the harvest
of that which he sowed.

And, that is what has come to pass. The US people made a choice on a
particular leader and that leader has made a choice on healthcare. Cry
in your soup as much as you want, but deal with it instead of doing
all this shrill whining and running around that the sky is falling.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of
entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be easier to
limit and undo the follies of an Obama Presidency than to restore the
necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate
willing to have such a man for their President.

“The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who
is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools
should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him
their prince.

“The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a
fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those
who made him their president."

-- Author Unknown

A clear, valid, and scary thought. Thanks, Gordon and Anon.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.