Greg G.

Default Table Saw Blade Question

Swingman thus spake:

SYP?? You still cutting on that stuff ... don't they have any _real_ wood
over there in GA?

;)

Man, this post just showed up!

Yea, still cutting it occasionally. It was for a 72 x 32 x 2 1/4"
workbench top a while back. Finished with Tung Oil, it actually looks
quite good. Not like the crappy looking SPF stuff. Even though I
have overhauled a Ford 4R70W transmission on it, and innumerable
woodworking projects, I STILL marvel at how nice it looks when freshly
oiled. I posted a picture of it last year in abpw.

I use poplar more often these days. The carpet bagging developers
haven't left much wood to work with. Since we're so shy of it here,
why not send me some native Texas wood? How about some nice native
mesquite for accents? ;-)