Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Major Sea Changes

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:07:06 -0500, the infamous Upscale
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:53:40 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Keith Nuttle
wrote:

You have to wait months for procedures because there are significantly
less doctors per 1000 people in Canada than in the US.

I suggest you do a little research before you blindingly jump on
Nuttle's incorrect bandwagon.

The current number of physicians per people in Canada is NOT
significantly different. Despite spending more per capita, the U.S.
does not deliver better medical care than many other countries.

26 Number of physicians per 10,000 people in the United States
19 Number of physicians per 10,000 people in Canada

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/story.html?id=1894853

Then why is this happening? (237 million hits for it.)
http://www.google.com/search?q=canad...patients+to+US

What nobody has discussed here yet is the action by current doctors if
Obamacare passed. Many have threatened to quit practicing and retire.
How many will, and how many will follow? Where does that leave us?
http://fwd4.me/6Ir

It's not just the bad policy, it's the consequence of enacting it.
Time will tell just how bad it is.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.