Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

Mark & Juanita wrote:

So, regale us with your wisdom on what even the liberal media
eventually had to admit was a correct vote count. The fraud was
people trying to discern the "intent" of the voter rather than
expecting that voters would be smart enough to properly mark their
ballots and check them prior to submitting them. Sorry, that dog
don't hunt.

Yeah, I dare talk about vote fraud when in Minnesota, the Republican
(RINO, but still an R) won, but they kept recounting until the
democrat won. I dare talk about vote fraud in the Washington
governor's race where they kept re-counting and "finding" ballots
until the democrat won. I dare talk about vote fraud when ACORN
registered voters in Florida, Nevada, Colorado, Ohio, and other
states with the names of the players on the Cowboys' front line,
Mickey Mouse, and Donald Duck -- those voters may or may not have
voted, but the margins of registration helped set precinct judge
levels and had impacts on various oversight rules. I dare talk about
fraud when the number of votes in various precincts exceeded the
number of registered voters. I dare talk about fraud when two Black
Panthers in camo and with nightsticks were videotaped intimidating
voters outside of a precinct yet the current Attorney General refused
to prosecute. I dare talk about vote fraud when the various concern
organizations pitch a fit when people dare demand that voters show ID
before being given a ballot.

Funny thing is, the Republicans never seem to have benefited from
any of those actual, documented, real cases. The best the left can
come up with is the Florida example in which the Republicans for once
were able to avert voter fraud and letting the Dems steal the
election.

Yeah, I dare state that.

Democrats (liberals) believe, really believe, the end justifies the means.
If it takes fraud, intimidation, payoffs, whatever, to get their candidate
in place, the minor infractions are worth the result.

The examples you cite are recent: I refer you to the 1948 run-off election
for U.S. Senator from Texas. When the counting was done, Coke Stevenson led
by over 2,000 votes. Votes continued to straggle in, the lead switched back
and forth, until the final 203 votes came in from the small town of Alice,
Texas. 202 of those votes were for Stevenson's opponent, and in a startling
mathematical oddity, all the voters voted in alphabetical order.

As a result, Lyndon Johnson was elected to the U.S. Senate and his 87-vote
margin earned him the sobriquet of "Landslide Lyndon."

On the other hand, Republicans believe in process and the rule of law - the
end is justified by the means. That is, Republicans don't cheat.