Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

Steve wrote:
On 2010-03-23 22:02:52 -0400, "J. Clarke"
said:
And suppose everyone here has it, or nobody here has it, or some of
us have it and some of us don't, what of it? I'm sorry, but your
poll has no relevance to the point in question.

My question does have relevence, without regard to
"mandated-whether-I-want-it-or-not."

Do you have health insurance?

Do you want health insurance?

IF you want health insurance, but DO NOT have it, why?

If you DO NOT want health insurance, why?

Health is probably more germane to the general population than having
a Unisaw. If the government were mandating the purchase of that item,
I would agree with you. And let's disregard the entire SawStop issue,
as that IS irrelevent to this question.

BTW, in my state, at least, you have to provide proof of financial
responsibilty (i.e., insurance) before you can license a car. If
you're driving without insurance, you'd better damn well pray you
don't hit a BMW driven by a lawyer.

No. In your state you have to prove "financial responsibility" and the most
common way to do that is to have insurance. Another way is to have
sufficient liquid funds to meet your state's financial minimum requirement -
it's called "self insurance."

Under the new plan, there is NO provision to self-insure.

Here's an article, from just today, how a family was able to save $7,000 per
year on health insurance by self-insuring the first $10,000 in medical
costs.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/...e_on_heal.html

This family's choice is removed under the new health plan - this family
WON'T be able to keep their existing plan.