Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Major Sea Changes

Upscale wrote:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:30:07 -0700, Mark & Juanita
Math is not exactly your strong suit, is it?

You don't read too well do you?

Your original post dealt exclusively with the number of doctors and how :
"The current number of physicians per people Â*in Canada is NOT
significantly different. Despite spending more per capita, the U.S.
does not deliver better medical care than many other countries.

26 Number of physicians per 10,000 people in the United States
19 Number of physicians per 10,000 people in Canada "

You specifically stated that "the current number of physicians per people
in Canada is NOT significantly different" So, what did I fail to read that
makes my rebuttal of that erroneous remark incorrect?

That's 27% fewer doctors per 10,0000 people compared to the US
(referenced
to the US allocation, 37% fewer referenced to the Canadian allocation) .
It also means that the US has about 385 people per doctor while Canada has
526
people per doctor. A difference of 142 people per doctor seems pretty
significant.

It is significant until you read further and see that the US spends
approximately twice the amount of money per capita on its medical
services. If Canada spent an equivalent percentage of money, it would
have more doctors per capita that the US.

I suppose the fact that it is not just doctors that make health care has
escaped you. MRI's, CAT scanners, and other equipment are also part of the
health care system. In the US, we have more than one or tow MRI machines
per state compared to what ya'll have in Canada.

Guess you're not too bright either.

Yeah, whatever there sparky. Typical lib, if you can't win the argument
with facts, go for ad hominem.

If medical care in the US is not better than Canada, why did one of your
country's leaders elect to have his heart surgery done in the US rather
than
Canada? Why do Canadians who can afford it coming to the US for treatment
rather than enduring the waiting list in the equivalent care Canada?

Doesn't necessarily make US medical service better, just faster in
this case. Money usually does that.

Given that many people seek medical care to reduce/eliminate pain or some
sort of discomfort, it seems like faster is a pretty darned important
criteria.

If the US is so much better, then why hasn't he moved permanently to
the US. He can afford it. The answer is that there's many things he
likes better in Canada. Guess the US isn't perfect with everything eh?

Twit!

Rob Leatham