Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:05:14 +0000 (UTC), the infamous Larry Blanchard
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:06:07 -0700, busbus wrote:

The biggest thing I have a problem with is the fact that this bill has
more-or-less completely broken the back of our constitution and the
government our founding fathers created way back when.

I'm getting a little tired of this specious argument. When the
Constitution was written, medical care consisted of setting bones,
amputating gangrenous limbs, and bloodletting. Everything else was home
remedies. And I forgot, treating STDs with mercury. They didn't even
know what bacteria were. And sterilizing instruments? Hah!

Of course there was no provision for helth care - it didn't exist.

And if they had put something in it would only have applied to white male
property owners.

You obviously missed hearing this wonderful speech. (Had the choice
been between McCain/Obama/Bob Parks, I'd have voted Parks, Lew.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MC37aIRX5c

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.