Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Who will be the first?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:10:33 +0700, the renowned John
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:34:41 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:51:25 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I will be watching with interest, and with a lot of
distance. While I support liberty, and the Constitution, I'm
also not interested in challenging the power of the US
Government.

Challenge of the government is essential to democracy. Fear of
retribution for challenge of government is clear evidence of
submission to and acceptance of tyranny.

That's not to say that challenges should be by fire. That's revolution
or anarchy, doomed to fail against vastly superior force unless done
with considerably more coordination and fieldcraft than is evident
among noisy dissidents clamoring for attention or trolling on usenet.

It's treason, and is an executable offense.

--
Ed Huntress

It would be just like the Germans that loved their country and wanted Hitler
overthrown.

RogerN

Errr... and who were they? Certainly Hitler, and his party were
elected with sufficient votes to be the largest party in the coalition
government, he kick started the economy, created jobs through
government spending, re-structured the military, recovered German
territory that had been taken away after WW I, and pulled the country
out of a depression that was far worse then the recent financial
debacle in the U.S. (In fact rather similar to some claims made for
O'Bama).

I think that if you investigate you will discover that, firstly, the
"underground" was, in terms of population insignificant, generally
ineffective, either communist or acting out of self-interest, i.e.,
the Generals, who had no interest in changing any of the underlying
factors but wished to replace Hitler in an attempt to pacify the
Allies so that an armistice could be negotiated, and generally had no
effect on the outcome of the war.

The majority of those who wanted to"save the nation" didn't appear
until after the defeat in 1945. Take a look at the political
background of the police chiefs, mayors, and all other government
officials appointed by the Allies to run the country after the
surrender. Nearly all were members of the Nazi party, or had served
under the Nazi government. Why? Because they supported the
government.

John B.

A clean copy of _Triumph des Willens_ by Leni Riefenstahl has shown up
on youtube, with English subtitles:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcFuH...eature=related

Quite an amazing piece of filmmaking.

Best regards,