Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
pimpom pimpom is offline

Default What do you call it/where do you get it?

Jim Thompson wrote:
Trying to take close-ups of chips, is there some kind of
stand/tripod
to hold a camera pointing downward onto a desk surface?

What do you call it/where do you get it?

...Jim Thompson

All the tripods I've used (which is not many and are not
expensive ones) can tilt the head so that the camera points
downward, including a $40 Vivicam. I use floor tripods (not table
top types). I just place the tripod on the floor close to the
table. Here's a picture I took with that method of a LAN chip
that was literally blown up by lightning:
http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...Blown_chip.jpg

Please note that -
1. This was not in macro
2. It was a casual snap: no great care was taken to get a pro
grade image
3. It was taken on my porch under natural lighting
4. This picture was heavily downsized and compressed to reduce
the file size (I was still on dial-up when I uploaded it)

I have other pictures, but this is the only one on my on-line
album at the moment.