Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lance Dyer[_2_] Lance Dyer[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for hidden service menu - panasonic DMR-E50

Service mode setting: While the power is off, press TIME SLIP, STOP and OPEN
/ CLOSE simultaneously for five seconds.

open button on dvd

Region code, main, timer and drive firmware versions are displayed on screen
and FL tube [0] [2] while in service mode

wrote in message
Panasonic DMR-E50 dvd and hard drive recorder

I can't seem to locate the hidden menu. I know it exists.
I did a search and found incorrect information that states

" Press and hold for 5 seconds the OPEN/TimeSlip/Left Skip.
The machine enters SERVICE MODE." but this is wrong. There
is no open button on the remote as the info suggests.

Specifically I need the firmware version. Any help will be
appreciated.