Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More on "Saw Stop"

I'd easily pay a few thou to get back the missing bit off one of my
fingers which was removed by a nasty ole RAS. The mistake I made could
have just as easily raked across the entire set of fingers on the left
hand but I was fortunate it was just a nib.

I don't think the Saw Stops are a few thou more, maybe almost a thou.
And a damn fine piece of equipment from the close looks I've taken.
I'll have one at some point. Wouldn't stand an employee in front of
anything less either.

But this is still America (for now), so until our Govt' says you must
buy it, you can make your own choice.

On 2010-03-24, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've seen the hot dog plenty of times, but this it he first I've seen a real
finger. * Time Warp is a favorite of mine.

Yeah. *I was jes a tad bit skeptical. *I had faith in it stopping
before taking off a finger, but not before it did jes a bit 'o damage.
Maybe at least break the skin and expose a couple of capillaries to
air, like a scratch. *Amazing, to be sure, but not enough to pay a
couple thousand extra fer a table saw. *I'll just practice good shop
safety and save the money for another tool ...or five! *

nb