Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry C[_2_] Larry C[_2_] is offline

Default Any ever build a octagon picnic table - child size

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
Extend the benches on the kid plan. Easiest route IMNSHO.

I do have experience trying to scale down plans and I think it is a
pain and a bit prone to unforseen problems.

On Mar 21, 4:19 pm, "Larry C"
wrote:
Hello,

I have been asked to build a picnic table for the local school. It will go
in the Pre-K and K play lot. I was thinking of building an octagon one but
I can't find a plan that does not have open benches. I would like to have
benches closed so that the kids will not fall off and you can squeeze more
kids onto the table.

I found a plan that has closed benches but I am a little nervous about
shrinking the plan down to little child size. I also found a child size
plan that has open benches which I think I can just extend the benches to
become closed.

Here is a link that has a children's plan with open
bencheshttp://www.thewinfieldcollection.com/product/Kids_Octagon_Picnic_Tabl...

Here is an adult size with closed
bencheshttp://www.buildeazy.com/hex_table.html

Any one ever do something like this? Thoughts?
TIA

Larry C

I asked over at the school and they said the standard table would serve them
better. As dpb posted, they figure more kids will fit on a straight bench.

Once again guilty of making it more complicated than I had to.

I do like the look of that octagon table though.

Thank you very much for the replies.

Larry C