Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default What do you call it/where do you get it?

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:09:34 -0500,
(Hal Murray) wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson writes:
Trying to take close-ups of chips, is there some kind of stand/tripod
to hold a camera pointing downward onto a desk surface?

What do you call it/where do you get it?

If you want really good pictures...

Microscopes usually include good illumination setups.
They often have a 3rd port setup for a camera.
Some have no eye-ball ports, just USB to your computer.

For a chip, you don't need high magnification, at least
relative to what many other people need.

Try searching for inspection microscope or disecting microscope.
Most of what you find will probably be more expensive than you
will like but you might find something that catches your eye
or get some ideas.

I don't need that magnification... I'm just talking macro shots of I/C
packages on PCB's.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |