Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default PVC question

On Mar 23, 4:00*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I have a few hundred feet of electrical underground PVC, 2.5". *Can I use
this for water pipe? *Mainly, it would be a RV drain pipe, therefore no
pressure. *Would it be okay and hold with just Red Hot Blue Glue?

Steve

Allowable or not.......
I've been using sunlight resistant 1/2", 3/4" & 1" Carlon PVC
electrical conduit for sprinkler piping for about 20 years.

I've had no problems....seems to work just fine.

Considering Schedule A (the thin crappy stuff) was used by my
landscaper in 1980 and has failed numerous times.
due to shovel blows, tree roots and sunlight damage.

I switched to the conduit and never a failure.

Installs have been in SoCal.

btw....I never use the Christy's Red Hot (that blue stuff)
Of all the PVC joints I've done, only failures have been with the blue
stuff.

According to a Weld-On rep I met at a trade show....the strongest PVC
joints are made with primer and the clear glue.
Sizes in the 1/2 to 1" range can be pressurized in 2 hours at
reasonable cure temperatures.

YMMV

cheers
Bob