Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mark mark is offline

Default Need help with hydraulic cyl rebuild

On 23 Mar, 19:27, Loki9 wrote:
I recently inherited an old Raymond fork truck and the hydraulic
cylinder that does the lifting is leaking badly. *The ram appears in
good shape, I can see no gouges or grooves and it doesn't seem to be
bent, but the oil seal at the top is clearly leaking and I assume that
the piston seal is also shot. *

These cylinders are usually single acting and only have a rod seal at
the top and no piston.Does your kit have a piston seal kit or just
chevrons?
If it is single acting it is normally possible to change the rod seal
without removing the cylinder.