Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - work shoes

Wow..... two hundred bucks for a pair of boots? Gold lined?

Others have mentioned cabelas. I'm thinking that I've got to
stop shopping at Walmart, and find a real boot store.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
My $15 Walmart working man's sneakers are gone flat,
again.
No cushion, and it's about like being barefoot.

I did a froogle search for postal shoes. Those guys on
their
feet all day, must have good shoes. No joy. Looked for
working shoes. Not much to be found.

Where does a man buy comfortable shoes that last a couple
years, and good for working men who climb ladders, work on
cars, and that kind of thing?

Have you tried places like Cabelas? I get pull on
work boots from
them that are lined with thinsulate and goretex. They are
listed under
the western footwear section. I wear boots in the winter
and the Wally
World sneakers in the summer. I'm out in fields most of the
time so I
don't need to worry about walking on hard surfaces.
Link here to all their boots and shoes:
http://tinyurl.com/yewo6zc
They're not cheap. There might be something in the
bargain cove that
would suit you.