Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default IR is insane (from sed)

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:23:16 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:46:29 -0700, Fred Abse
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:33:26 -0400, Bill Garber wrote:

I was able to get it via double-click from Outlook Express' newsreader
option, and also via WS-FTP95 using the information given by anonymous
access. I didn't need to "FIRE-UP" any browser at all. 8^)

This news client doesn't automatically reference ftp links, only http.

I *could* have used gftp, or plain old command line ftp, or even link
John's ftp directory tree into my own tree, using the file manager and
just copy across. However, I *wanted* to use wget, since it's quick and
clean. Firefox was the next least labor-intensive way, copy-click- paste.

Bet you don't have a file manager that does ftp ;-)

Using the Agent newsreader, I can double-click on a web or ftp link in
a usenet post or in email, and it launches a Firefox tab and opens the
thing. This is under XP.

John

It spawns from within agent, so the OS matters not. You could do it in
a DOSBox window inside Linux, and it would spawn whatever the Internet
browser client you set it up to spawn.

The setting is within agent, ya dope.