Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

in 514587 20100322 233418 Upscale wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:23:17 -0400, vonKevin
wrote:

So tell me - Are you saying that no one should be allowed to buy
better than the basic health care coverage, simply because there are
people who can't afford it?

Feeble attempt at putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that there
should be a basic level of medicine available to everybody who needs
it no matter what wage they earn. After that, if someone wants
something more than the basic standard then they're free to go buy it.
AND, that is exactly the system that many countries operate under,
including Canada. Should someone want additional aid not covered under
the existing Canadian standard, then they can and often do head down
to the US to buy it.

I just don't understand why Canadians should need to go to the USA.
Here in Britain we have the NHS but we also have private hospitals and
doctors for those that want to pay for them. Not so in Canada?