Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default My latest chip design

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:59:18 -0400, "Bill Garber"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:45:33 -0400, "Bill Garber"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
My latest chip design, up and running...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/My...hip_Design.jpg

(Security camera controller... multiple video functions.)

...Jim Thompson

Awesome. Is that on the customer's PCB?

Yes.

Is that their only use?

Bill

See.... http://analog-innovations.com/SED/My..._Top_Level.pdf

It contains:

(1) Crystal oscillator (up to 27MHz)
(2) POR, multiple POR checks, plus a timer... because it contains
several bandgaps, it also serves as the master chip bias
(3) Iris_Control (exposure servo)
(4) EM_POTS, converts voltage or pot settings to PWM
(5) Day_Night, honking +/- 80mA H-bridge push-pull actuator for an
optical filter
(6) UTC (up the cable), video DC restorer and data extractor of data
in the VBI

Designed late last year for the group in New Zealand.

100% designed by yours truly :-)

And working on the end customer's PCB as of last Thursday.

...Jim Thompson

Very nice work. Wonder how big the board would be
to create that all from discrete components. 8^)

Bill

That's why Kiwi Semiconductor made the PCB's themselves... to
dramatically demonstrate the area savings. (Also significant power
savings at even better performance :-)

Kiwi is apparently at some show in Vegas this week showing off my work
:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |