Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:02:47 -0500, the infamous Upscale
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:30:02 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

.... snip

Now the gov't says I'm going to have to pay about $600 a MONTH for a
benefit I won't receive and can't use for the next 5 years? If this
is the case, there's no way the public will stand for it. Bad ****'s
about to happen, methinks.

Actually, you are better off paying the fine. Since the legislation also
stipulates that you can't be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions,
you wait until you get sick, then buy insurance -- you can't be denied.

The fact that this will put insurance companies out of business has not
escaped the notice of the congresscritters -- to them, this is a feature,
not a bug. As soon as the insurance companies are driven out of business,
the government gets to step in with single-payer true socialized medicine
since "no other alternative is available".

@#$%'d communists.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.

Rob Leatham